Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, From Kraljevo, Serbia, we have a skillful musician who has an exquisite way to narrate a story through his songs and his name is “Andrej”. Andrej music consists of pop and rock, infused with funk elements, and has recently dished out a fascinating song “Hey Beautiful”.
We eventually got the opportunity and thanked the talented musician for sharing his valuable time. So, Let’s get to know about this amazing artist, about his challenges as a musician, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
My name is Andrej. I don’t believe in genres, music is a form of art that shouldn’t be constrained with genres, but my listenership describes it as a blend of funk/rock with elements of contemporary pop sound.
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
The easiest answer to this question is The Beatles, but there are numerous other performers whose music hugely inspired my work. My music is based on emotions, and this is what truly inspires me to compose. I strongly believe that a song must evoke a certain feeling in the heart and soul of whoever listens to it.
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
It was a performance I had way back in 2005 with my cover band The Spiders, where we performed at a crowded city square, sharing the stage with some great bands. Since then, I’ve had thousands of performances, but this particular one will stick in my memory forever 🙂
- Any funny Story of a fuck up during your performance where you handled that situation like nothing happened.
A bandmate was a little bit cold and he had to leave the instrument in the middle of the song, and run through the crowd of people to make it to the toilet (which was like 300 meters away from the open stage)… We just continued to song, but it was funny AF 😀
- If you could collaborate with any musicians dead/alive, who would you collaborate with and why?
John Lennon, Paul McCartney… I loved how they worked creatively together, and the fact that they managed to create over 700 songs together really gets me inspired. Wondering what it would look like to work with any of these guys!
- Any Tips to keep the balance between professional and music life?
Make music your career, and the rest will fall in place naturally.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
One of the toughest challenges nowadays is to actually get your music heard. I believe this is a common challenge for so many musicians, not only myself. There are a lot of super-talented people out there, and the world can’t afford to be miss out on enjoying their talent.
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
Consistent practice is the key here. Whatever you do, just do it every day and your muscle memory will contribute to improvements in your technique, speed, and what-have-you.
- What type of Gadgets and instruments do you use while practicing?
The instrument (obviously), and a metronome.
- Would you like to share a testimonial for Guitaa? If Yes, Why do you love Guitaa?
I like the fact that it enables young aspiring musicians to connect around the mutual thing they are passionate about – the guitar! A very user-friendly and interactive interface makes it an enjoyable experience for guitarists at any level!
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
Be consistent, practice daily, follow your dreams!
So, this was “Andrej”. Want to know how you can follow him online? Then, check out the link below: