Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, we have an inspiring artist “Ashoka Samar” whose outstanding screen presence and the enthusiasm with which he performed will make you go wow. Ashoka is going to perform for Guitaa’s upcoming virtual gig program “Guitaa Live” on 8th June and is going to entertain the music lovers by singing some interesting Rajasthani Folk, Sufi, qawwali, bhajan, and Bollywood Hindi songs.
Until then, Let’s get to know more about the journey of Ashoka as a musician, about his challenges as a musician, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
Hello everyone this side Ashoka Samar. I like to sing Rajasthani Folk, Sufi, qawwali, bhajan, and Bollywood Hindi songs
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
After listening to the songs while driving, I started singing those songs in the nearby fields, and some people heard me singing, after which they appreciated me and this thing encouraged me to sing more.
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
When I was in the 12th standard, It was on 15 August where I sang a qawwali sang “Apne Maa Baal ka Tu Dil Na Dukha” in front of about 7000 people. That performance will always be remembered.
- Any funny Story of a fuck up during your performance where you handled that situation like nothing happened.
Once I forgot the lyrics in the hymn program of Banaras, then I completed that line by singing lalalala. After the presentation everyone was normal and were also not bragging about it.
- If you could collaborate with any musicians dead/alive, who would you collaborate with and why?
There are many but if I had to choose one, it would be “Ismail darbar” as he is a legend in the music industry and I have always been influenced by his music.
- Any Tips to keep the balance between professional and music life?
My life as a musician depends on it, so that’s my profession.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
My life as a musician depends on it, so there is a conflict, but I am trying to overcome it by my music strength.
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
Riyaz in the morning. Riyaz of Om. Also with Tanpura. I also listen to songs Lata Ji, Ghulam Ali Sahab, Rafi Sahab, Nusrat Sahab, Hansraj Hans Ji, Master Salim Ji, Mame Khan Ji, and many local artists. And I do riyaz on harmonium.
- What type of Gadgets and instruments do you use while practicing?
Mobile, tanpura, tabla, harmonium, recording, etc
- Would you like to share a testimonial for Guitaa? If Yes, Why do you love Guitaa?
GuitaaArtists Centerstage is doing a good job by introducing new talents in front of the world.
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
I would like to say that the more we love music, the more it will remain in us. Improve daily and focus on learning and try to improve yourself. Keep working without wishing for fruit.
So, this was “Ashoka Samar”. Follow him on social media platforms to stay updated with his upcoming songs. Link mentioned below: