Hailing from Allentown, Pennsylvania, Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, we have a supremely talented artist “Jake Haze” who entertains listeners around the world with his catchy rap presentations. He is a multiple award-winning artist who is always looking to break musical barriers and push the envelope through his music.
Recently, Our team got the chance to interview “Jake Haze” who shared his interesting musical journey with us. So, Let’s get to know about this marvelous artist, about his challenges as a musician, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
Hello, I am Jake Haze. Hip Hop/R&B, but I love straying into other genres.
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
My album release party in 2012 at Mother’s in Easton, PA. We had 200 people in the house plus many more outside waiting. Best show I’ve ever done. Wild night.
- Any funny Story of a fuck up during your performance where you handled that situation like nothing happened.
Maaaaan….once at a magazine release event, my microphone went off and half of the venue went dark due to a power outage. To get the crowd back in it, I led them singing “Juicy” by BIG. We made that work. Also at the local Lehigh Valley Music Awards, my jeans ripped in the back. I didn’t turn around. I turn to an angle with no cameras pointing at me and halfway during my set I tied my jacket around my waste.
- If you could collaborate with any musicians dead/alive, who would you collaborate with and why?
Jay-Z and/or Lizzie. Fuck it, why not? Her music slaps.
- Any Tips to keep the balance between professional and music life?
Love what you do and the lines will blur.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
Inspiration, motivation, and letting life get to you. If you focus on the little things that make you smile, frown, laugh, and feel excited, you will never be missing inspiration. Challenge yourself.
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
Youtube bro lol. But also working with people who know things you don’t.
- What type of Gadgets and instruments do you use while practicing?
A karaoke microphone and an amp to practice my flows, lyrics, and singing vocals. Recording that on my phone and reviewing it. I won’t hit the studio if it doesn’t sound good then. If it sounds good in a shitty sound system, it’ll sound good in a pro system.
- Would you like to share a testimonial for Guitaa? If Yes, Why do you love Guitaa?
Yes, sure. You guys rock. This is a place for musicians to learn.
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
Treat this as a business. Work hard and smart. Free yourself from any and all restraints. Listen to weird shit haha.
So, this was “Jake Haze”. Want to know how you can follow him online? Then, check out the link below: