Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, we have an extremely talented Singer/Songwriter/Actor whose warm melodies of tracks can make listeners fall in love with him, and his name is “Jeshua”. Jeshua has belted out several enthralling songs in his career and has recently came up with his newest song “Royalty”.
We are lucky to have spoken to the artist who was happy enough to answer our questions about his music journey. So, Let’s get to know about this amazing artist, about his challenges as a musician, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
Hi, My name is Jeshua sounds like Joshua though. My work is of many genres mainly pop and r & b though.p and R&B.
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
I remember being three and hearing Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and they still inspire me to this day. I tried to sing along to any song I heard on the radio.
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
Wow, an amazing Solo performance happened when I was about 20 years old not too long ago I got to sing at Bishop and Firs Lady Karen Clark Sheard’s church of the legendary “Clark Sisters”! It was amazing to be up there. I Love me some Karen Clark Sheard.
- Any funny Story of a fuck up during your performance where you handled that situation like nothing happened.
Yes! I’ve definitely forgotten a lot of lyrics and just made up my own. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not! The goal is to keep singing and remain calm. Other than that I used to have really bad episodes vertigo and I can lose my balance on stage with lights and loud music but it comes with what I do so I just try to ignore it.
- If you could collaborate with any musicians dead/alive, who would you collaborate with and why?
Dead or Alive wow! I’ll do a female and a male. They both happen to be deceased. Aaliyah was my childhood crush and I loved her soft smooth voice and edgy style. Also, I think I would love to do something with Bob Marley he really sang from his heart and with a passion, unlike anything I have ever heard. Oh and Rihanna that has to happen! Soon.
- Any Tips to keep the balance between professional and music life?
Yes. My mom taught me to be professional at a very young age. I love music and it’s so much fun but there is a huge business side to it. You have to be aware of what’s going on around you. You need to know what you are signing! You should be hands-on, nowhere your money is coming and going at al times. Whenever possible don’t mix business and pleasure.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
The biggest challenge so far. I guess realizing that the greatest investment I could ever make was investing In myself. It sounded silly when people would say “ You must invest in yourself or no one will”! It has truly become a real thing for me. You now realize that I’m worth it all. I’m worth the investment. For every time, I have doubted myself I’ve made double the investment. I’m still young though so I think I’ll have plenty more obstacles.
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
I listen to a lot of different genres and I practice singing them all. I practice classical music, middle eastern scales, Egyptian scales. Etc; I’ve always the thing to learn things I don’t know lol. I practice challenging songs that stretch my voice in a healthy way.
- What type of Gadgets and instruments do you use while practicing?
I have a pitch pipe for accuracy. I think every singer should have one. Also, Water is the best gadget of them all. I stay with a bottle of water most if not all times.
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
Go for it! If I can believe In myself anyone can! It takes a passion and a willingness to be great! So go for it even harder than you see me going after it! I want everyone to win!
So, this was “Jeshua”. Want to know how you can follow him online? Then, check out the link below: