Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, we have an amazing musician/songwriter who makes songs to create a better life and his name is “John Cz”. John has recently released his new song “On Baby” that sounds captivating, understated, and effortless. The song is available on youtube and is a must-listen.
We have recently got in touch with John who answered some of the most interesting queries about his music and upcoming projects. So, Let’s get to know about this incredible artist, about his challenges as a musician, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
I go by the name Cz Aka John Cz, born in Haiti moved to the states with my mom and dad who was in the navy, but to get to the point I do hip-hop/trip-hop, hope to one day incorporate the house into music one day.
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
Early Early influences, I’d say Andre 3000/Kanye west /N.E.R.D/Wayne.
On the singing side, SADE/Marvin Gaye/Chris Brown /Sadly R Kelly and just random oldies I find.
Honestly what inspires me to make music is just for the love of it, the recognition of what I can do with it, and just to have the life I want, simple while staying genuine, it’s easy to get lost in the sauce out here, in general type shit.
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
At a house party 2/3 years ago.
- Any funny Story of a fuck up during your performance where you handled that situation like nothing happened.
I haven’t really fucked up, I have had to pause on a line I forgot was coming up, but my pick up game is natural.
- If you could collaborate with any musicians dead/alive, who would you collaborate with and why?
Kodak black/42 Dugg(he cleaned up his situation on twitter), Chris brown/Young Thug/Rick Ross/Trippy Redd/The Weekend/Drake/6lack.
- Any Tips to keep the balance between professional and music life?
Just live, learn, apply, you’re always gonna have a life before the music, but people don’t stick around, life… so whoever or whatever is organically around while you’re reaching what you want … we’ll call it balance for now.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
Stop trying to have everyone you know or care about in you’re vision, it’s a waste of time, because everyone feels there own way, no matter what unless it’s beneficial.
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
Trial and error, but I release music I’m comfortable with.
- What type of Gadgets and instruments do you use while practicing?
My vocal cord.
So, this was “John Cz”. Want to know how you can follow him online? Then, check out the link below: