Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, Hailing from Baja, California, we have a brilliant singer-songwriter and producer whose engaging and captivating songs can give the audience immersive and catchy vibes, and his name is “Labán”. Labán has recently belted out his newest music album “Todos Somos Dueños de Aquí” that consists of 10 exquisite tracks and is a mix of multiple genres of music.
We were fortunate enough to get in touch with Labán who has answered some of our queries about his music and upcoming projects. So, Let’s get to know about the amazing artist, about his challenges as a musician, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
This is Labán, I’m an artist, singer-songwriter, and producer from Baja California. Although I don’t have a particular genre, my first album “Todos Somos Dueños de Aquí” is a mix of jazz, pop, rock, and funk.
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
I started playing music when I was very little, it was my mother’s idea, I took violin and piano lessons. Then I stepped away from music for many years until I started writing my first songs. Most of them are part of this first album. My passion for music comes from the need to cope with emotions, whenever there’s pain, sadness, or anger, music is the best way to release that negative energy and turn it into something positive.
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
I haven’t performed live as Labán yet, I’ve been on the stage many times since I was little but for other things or projects. I am really excited to be able to present my show in the future, once the current situation gets better.
- If you could collaborate with any musicians dead/alive, who would you collaborate with and why?
I would collaborate with the late Amy Winehouse, although I have no idea how that would go because our voices are so different, she was one of my main influences growing up. I would also collaborate with Daft Punk, I’m such a big fan of french house and electronic music and I think it would be really interesting.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
Well, to make a living out of this, to find help or make enough to continue on my own, I’m still in that process in this game-changing industry, especially with everything that’s going on.
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
I practice a lot without anything, like acapella style, just snapping my fingers to keep in time. I usually train my voice like that, singing my own songs or someone else’s.
So, this was “Labán”. Want to know how you can follow him online? Then, check out the links below: