Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, we have an enthusiastic artist “Ruchi Saxena” whose beautiful resonance of classical music along with her soft and comforting vocals is interesting to listen to. Ruchi is going to perform for Guitaa’s upcoming virtual gig program “Guitaa Live” on 7th June and is going to entertain the music lovers by singing some interesting Bollywood, Western and Classical songs.
Until then, Let’s get to know more about the journey of Ruchi as a musician, about her challenges as a musician, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
Hi, I am Ruchi Saxena. I am a B.tech graduate in IT stream and post graduate in Indian classical music(Vocals). I love to listen and perform all genres of music especially classical, light(Bollywood and western). I am also volunteering as a singer there at the Art of living platform.
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
I brought up within the musical environment at my home so music lies deep inside me. Actually,It is the music only, which my soul always prefers to do and energizes me and makes me feel contentment as well.
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
Yes, It was when I performed on such a big stage of the World Cultural Festival held by the Art of living organisation. I would always love to sing on such stage again if I get the opportunity .
- Any funny Story of a fuck up during your performance where you handled that situation like nothing happened.
Ya it is. Once when I was leading a local musical program of the Art of living and the Tabla prcussion was totally mismatched. It was a bit irritating but at the same time funny too and the important thing is that it made me learn that how to handle such situation if occurs sometime.
- If you could collaborate with any musicians dead/alive, who would you collaborate with and why?
When it is about Classical, I would always love to share the stage with Kishori Amonkar ji and when it is about Light, It would be great pleasure to sing with Alka Yagnik ji.
- Any Tips to keep the balance between professional and music life?
Both is same for me but I can suggest that if we have the systematic and the sequential approach towards both then we can make it in a balanced manner.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
Earlier after my B.tech, it was very hard for me to make music as a profession because I was just a passionate singer but now I have overcome all those and going with my music as a profession nd still more ahead to go!
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
Practice with Dedication with a faith on the Divine/the Universe.
- What type of Gadgets and instruments do you use while practicing?
Harmonium, electronic Tabla and Tanpura, karaoke tracks for some light songs and a good audio/video quality mobile phone.
- Would you like to share a testimonial for Guitaa? If Yes, Why do you love Guitaa?
I love Guitaa as it provides me global opportunity to know and explore the music all over and at the same time connectivity with the same.
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
True Dedication and believe in yourself.
So, this was “Ruchi Saxena”. Follow her on social media platforms to stay updated with her upcoming songs. Link mentioned below: