Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, we have a group of upcoming musicians who have recently released their debut single “Foreign” – and the group is known as “Walkley Boyz“. This debut single from Walkley Boyz is different from any other Hip-Hop/Rap song releases and is full of enchanting vibes, which is a sonic delight.
The group is made up of 4 individual musicians mainly ‘Slim’, ‘Motiv’, ‘Alzatino’, and ‘Legendary’ who are also very close friends.
We have recently got in touch with these amazing musicians who answered some of the most interesting queries about their music and upcoming projects. So, Let’s get to know about this rising group, about their challenges as a musician, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
Hello, We are Walkley Boyz. We are a music group made up of 4 individual musicians who are very close friends. “Slim, Motiv, Alzatino and Legendary”. Came together due to our love for the afro-fusion sound. Our genre is Afrobeats, Hip-Hop, Rap, World music.
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
Our influences came from our hometowns of Lagos and Port-Harcourt. Never forgetting our Igbo, Hausa, and Yoruba roots. We all grew up together and study electrical engineering at Carleton University Canada.
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
We haven’t performed at any venues yet and this is our first song release, named “Foreign”.
- If you could collaborate with any musicians dead/alive, who would you collaborate with and why?
FWizkid and Burna Boy. These artists have been our greatest musical inspiration coming up in the streets of Africa. Watching Wizkid and Burna boy take Nigeria to the international stage made every Nigerian want to join the music industry. The amount of love and respect we have for these two African giants make a feature with any of them a dream come through if ever possible.
- Any Tips to keep the balance between professional and music life?
We study a lot. It’s hard all being in your final year in university and try to keep an active music career and trying to also deal with the financial strain you have as a musician without any major label backing.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
Trying to develop our own sound was the hardest process of all. We wanted to not just do something different but do something that truly represented who we were individually an also brought out our greatest strengths when working together as a team.
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
Not really we just say how we feel on the songs. The best stuff comes from the heart always.
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
Always follow your dreams and do your best to always make the best decision for yourself. Don’t just follow the crowd because the aim is to stand out and make a name for yourself
So, this was “Walkley Boyz”. Want to know how you can follow Them online? Then, check out the link below: