Hailing from Sydney, Australia, Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, we have an amazing singer, songwriter, music producer, and DJ and his name is “Jesse Neo”.
Let’s get to know more about this refreshing artist, how his journey into music began, about his various interests, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
My name is Jesse Neo, originally from Sydney, Australia and currently living in Los Angeles. I am a singer, songwriter, music producer, and DJ. Since 2017, I have been making EDM, pop and rock tracks, however, I am confident in every genre.
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
I grew up playing piano and violin, so obviously my early influences would be the Classic composers from the Baroque and Romantic periods. However, after moving into the electronic music scene, I have been getting a lot of inspirations from many of the top DJ/producers today such as David Guetta, Martin Garrix, Armin van Buuren and Calvin Harris. I think they are so talented and I hope one day I will also reach their level.
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
I started experimenting with EDM in 2016 after enrolling into electronic music production classes. I never thought anything of it at first, however after the release of my first single, ‘Sex Magic’ in 2017, I was instantly mentioned in The Huffington Post, and eventually record labels and YouTube channels were contacting me for custom beats. I eventually moved to Los Angeles to be closer to the industry. It was such a whirlwind, something I never expected to happen. If I could have experiences like this every day, that would be awesome.
- If you could collaborate with any musicians(dead/alive), who would you collaborate with and why?
I would love to be the songwriter or beat maker for more artists and labels. In fact, I have just started a website called Gemtracks that many record labels have been buying tracks from to be used for their own artists.
- Any Tips to keep the balance between professional and music life?
Keep your intentions straight and concentrate on them. I was once told by one of a very wise guru that the formula for success was determination, dedication, and discipline. Also, remember to sleep at least 10 hours each night.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
Like every musician, overcoming writer’s block is always the biggest challenge. There may be days where I feel like writing lyrics and other days, producing. One technique I have adapted that has truly helped me is to make a list of topics and prompts that can unblock my creativity. If you’re interested, you can check them out here.
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
I would highly recommend every singer that is a recording artist to build a home studio. It doesn’t have to be expensive, but something that can produce quality sound. This way you can get to know the loops about recording and how to project your voice into the microphone. This way when you get to an actual studio, you would know exactly what to do.
- What type of Gadgets and instruments do you use while practicing? And, do you have any specific name of your instrument?
I always have an autotune software while practicing to make sure I am on tune without sounding too robotic. Other than that, I ensure that I record everything, even the mistakes so I can listen to them later on to compare.
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to become an Artist?
Do what you love and don’t be afraid to try new things. You don’t have to be right with what you are doing, but it needs to be correct.
So, this was the Multi-talented artist “Jesse Neo”. Want to know how you can follow him on social media? Then, check out the links below: