Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, we have Eric Remington Executive Producer of Lavender Galaxy, an artistic moniker of a musical collective consisting of executive producer Eric Remington, engineer/producer Nick Ortega and the vocalists Nekane, Marvin Fockens, and Antonia Fountain.
Let’s get to know more about this interesting collaboration, how their journey into music began, about their various interests, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
My feelings and emotions inspire me to make music. My wife inspired me to write the song Lip Gloss. I wanted to get her something really special for our 10 year anniversary, and writing her a song was best I could do. After writing this song for her, it inspired me to keep on going. I’ve always loved singing and writing music, also making games of one kid or another, card, board, and digital. My Uncle, Sister, Brother-In-Law, my late cousin Mike were the biggest influences growing up. We have a very musical and entertaining family.
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
I’d love to DJ at the Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit Michigan. My cousin had taken me there for my first concert (Van Halen Balance tour)
- Any funny Story of a fuck up during your performance where you handled that situation like nothing happened.
Not that I can think of. Too many funny fuck ups in my arsenal. Where do I begin?
- If you could collaborate with any musicians dead/alive, who would you collaborate with and why?
Justin Timberlake. Not sure I really need to explain why on this one.
- Any Tips to keep the balance between professional and music life?
Don’t work on it every day. NO MATTER WHAT. If you are on a creative roll, ride it out, but don’t take too many rolls, or you may lose the people who matter most to you. Pick a night at least once a month for you and your friends to get together, make date nights, that kinda stuff.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
Finding time to do everything. I found you just have to step back and take a break every now and then, otherwise, you’ll burn yourself out.
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
Practice Practice Practice. Push yourself. Never stop pushing yourself. If you don’t you’ll never reach your potential. Vocal Instructors are a must for singers. Without them, you could risk damaging your vocal cords.
- What type of Gadgets and instruments do you use while practicing?
Oil diffuser… Lavender oil… go figure.
- Would you like to share a testimonial for Guitaa? If Yes, Why do you love Guitaa?
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
To quote Tim McGraw “Always stay humble in kind”. You get back what you put out. Believe in yourself and always give 110%. Once the music is out there, that’s when the real work starts. It can be frustrating, but don’t let it stop you. Surround yourself with people who support and inspire you.
So, this was the Rising band “REWIND”. Want to know how you can follow them on social media? Then, check out the link below: