Today, on Guitaa Artist Centerstage, we have a stupendous music producer and Rap artist “Iceberg”. He is a powerhouse of talent who has displayed his sheer class in his genre and has recently released a stunning album named “Outlier”.
The producer was candid enough to attend our interview and frankly answered certain questions that delve deeper into his professional and personal life. So, Let’s get to know more about this incredible artist, about his challenges as a musician, and many more.
- Introduce yourself to our audience, what genre of music do you consider your work to be?
I am Iceberg. I’m a contemporary Rap artist and Music producer.
- What and who were your early passions and influences, What inspires you to make music?
Growing up, my dad was always writing. Naturally, I picked that up from him. So I was a writer before I was a rapper. Interestingly, I grew up in a very religious home so hymns were all the knowledge of music I had, till University. I started listening to Jay-Z, Eminem, 50cents and the likes, and I started playing around with rap too.
Everything is an inspiration. Life, experiences, politics, pop culture… I draw inspiration from ‘the little’ and ‘the big’.
- Tell us about that one memorable performance and favorite venue which you still wish to happen again?
I have a few memorable performances, however, maybe I’ll have a favorite performance when I sell out the 02 Arena someday.
- Any funny Story of a fuck up during your performance where you handled that situation like nothing happened.
I’ve definitely had my share of those moments. From forgetting lyrics and switching to freestyle in a heartbeat, to changing the rap entirely because I was offbeat.
- If you could collaborate with any musicians dead/alive, who would you collaborate with and why?
Stormzy definitely tops the list. Seeing him in his elements and creating music with him will be explosive!
Kanye!! I love an atmosphere that boldly says ‘anything is possible’ and that is KANYE! Genius, bold music over trend.
Jon Bellion! Having a moment with Jon producing, writing and recording is also something I’ll look forward to
- Any Tips to keep the balance between professional and music life?
I’m still learning, but I’ve realized over time that prioritizing is KEY. There is no 100% pattern or strict script that promises success and is that fail-proof. We just need to learn how to tip the scale in favor of what needs us most per time.
- What has been your biggest challenge as a Musician? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?
In hindsight, my biggest challenge a year ago wouldn’t be a challenge now. With knowledge and experience, our view of what a ‘challenge’ is, gets adjusted.
Learning, relearning, Unlearning… Those are the challenges I face constantly as an individual, not just as a musician.
- What Tools and techniques you use to improve your singing/instrumental playing?
Consistency is a major tool for any artist… The over and over law!
- What type of Gadgets and instruments do you use while practicing?
I practice in the studio.
- What advice would you have for someone wanting to follow in your footsteps?
There are lots of self-help materials out there. I maximize them.
So, this was “Iceberg”. Want to know how you can follow him online? Then, check out the link below: